Introducing our 2012 Block of the Month: Solids Sampler
Here are the details:
- Cost: $35.00 – This price includes pattern book and fabric for all sampler blocks and the color portion of each pinwheel.
- Participants will need to buy 3 yards of background fabric to complete the pinwheels. This background fabric will also be used for the sashings and outer border. Participants will also need to purchase a binding (1/2 yard) and backing (3 ½ yards for horizontal seam and 4 ½ yards for vertical seam). If you would like a binding kit, we will offer those as well. You can choose which solid fabric you’d like to use for your background fabric. We will have 2 or 3 options displayed by the first of April for you to see, then you can pre-order the color you’d like. Or, you can be creative and choose your own! You won’t need the background fabric until our May block.
- Pick up your block kit on the 1st Saturday or the 1st Monday of each month.
- Each participant will be issued a “punch card” with their first block. You will get 1 punch if you come to pick up your new block on the assigned day, and 1 punch if your previous month’s blocks are finished when you come in. Punch cards can be redeemed at the end of the Block of the Month series for a 1% discount per punch on one item–a one-time discount of up to 22% off one item of your choice.
- There are no penalties for not finishing your block each month, and yes, you may have a friend pick up your block for you with no penalty. However, if you want to earn a larger discount, you will want to come in person, because nobody can get your card punched for you but you! Those who get at least 18 punches on their card will be entered in a drawing to win next year’s Block of the Month kit for free.
- Free demonstrations on each month’s blocks will be given at 10:00, 11:30, and 1:00 on the 1st Saturday or Monday.
- Pick up your first block on March 3rd or 5th.
This quilt was SO much fun to make, and is easily adaptable to different looks. Pick a different background for a completely different look, or buy a few extra masculine solids and eliminate the pinks and purples to make it more masculine. The book shows several different ways to arrange the blocks, so you have options there as well.
Stop in soon to sign up, or call 801-492-7929 to register by phone.